Wednesday, March 10, 2010

NEW CARIBOU ALBUM

That's right, THE NEW CARIBOU ALBUM HAS BEEN LEAKED, and I stayed up very late last night listening to the entire damn thing two times all the way through in a hazy cloud of smoke to be able to tell you all about it. So, SPOILER ALERT, it's REALLY dancy, and although I predict Pitchfork and co. will give it RAVING reviews (when it's actually released almost 6 weeks from now) because it's such a gigantic leap from anything they've done before, and because they will classify it as something along the lines of "paving the way for a new musical direction" of indy artists, I'm pretty sure I like their old albums better. Not trying to be a debbie downer; on the contrary, I'm just tryina keep it real. With that said, there are some good songs, and I think the song I posted below is the clear standout (wait for the vocals to kick in):

Caribou - Leave House

1 comment: