Monday, April 26, 2010

Bad Lieutenant (Film)


It's a rare occassion when both the original and the remake of a film are both equally fucking good, and this just happens to be one of those cases. I remember when I first saw the original Bad Lieutenant starring Harvey Kietel at about the age of 10 (props to my big brother for being an eternal bad influence!). It just happens to be way more graphic and disturbing than the new version with Nicholas Cage, and I remember feeling like I wasn't really sure what was going on, but whatever it was, it was very, very bad.

Wernor Herzog directed the new Bad Lieutenant starring Nicolas Cage, which he claims was not a remake of the old one, nor was he even aware of the original one with Harvey Kietel. This just happens to be total fucking bullshit, but you should still watch them both anyway.

1 comment: